On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 08:23:29 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> Do take note, the Linux version is lacking several features that the
> other "native" clients have. Notably:
> - Only 4 camera-views at the same time (instead of 9, I believe)
> - No background-blur or image
>
> This means, you only get to show your real background or leave the
> camera off/ covered.

I worked around this is Jitsi (it has background blur but not
replacement) by using OBS Studio, which does all this and much, much
more. With the plugin from media-video/obs-v4l2sink it creates a new
"camera" with its output. That's a standard-looking /dev/videoX device
and can be used with any software.

It's a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut just to get background
replacement bit it works well and I already had it installed from
something else.

--
Neil Bothwick

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional!!