On 2020.06.21 17:28, Walter Dnes wrote:
On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 12:57:56PM -0400, Jack wrote

> gimp can use python2_7 but it does not require it.  I have gimp
> installed with the following USE flags (per eix)
>
> alsa jpeg2k mng udev -aalib -aqua -debug -doc -gnome -heif -openexr
> -postscript -python -test -unwind -vector-icons -webp -wmf -xpm
> CPU_FLAGS_PPC="-altivec" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx sse"
> PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="-python2_7"

Interesting. Does it lose any functionality? Speaking of which, why would you build GIMP with "alsa" and "udev".

If you're asking me, I have not found any missing functionality, but I don't use gimp often, so it's possible. I have no explicit mention of gimp in /etc/portage, so those are apparently just the accumulation of various settings in make.conf on top of the gimp defaults. Those two in particular are global USE flags, so I suppose you would have to read the ebuild to see what effect they have on the build.