On Sun, Jun 21, 2020, at 5:31 AM, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
> [...]

If you don't care about age of the userland most tools are actually very
backwards
compatible and should work on a 3.x kernel. You will need to try it, but I
expect
the modern @system set of packages would work just fine.

If you do need an old userland what I might try to do is grab an old
Debian/Ubuntu
CD. You could then use Portage Prefix to build the older tools you need with a
more contemporary userland. Again, the bigger issue will be old releases
falling out
of tree.