On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 9:32 AM John Covici <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:

> Does this indicate a problem, and if not, how can I stop these
> messages?

I'm guessing it is just log spam, but I don't use Gnome so I can't
really be sure.  You might do well to ask on a Gnome mailing list, or
maybe ping one of the gnome maintainers on Gentoo.

It looks like Gnome is integrating with systemd via xdg and a new
systemd generator to have systemd automatically launch some services
based on events.  If I had to take a wild guess some of these services
are managed by systemd, and others are not, and systemd is being noisy
about the ones that aren't.

But it is also possible something is broken.  I bet a Gnome maintainer
would know what is going on offhand.  They may not monitor this list
but if you pinged one on IRC/email and asked them to look they
probably would.  The Gentoo maintainer is probably your best first
bet, but we probably run relatively close to upstream since that's how
Gentoo does stuff, so upstream might also help you.  I know on the
systemd front we try to stay close to upstream (much closer to
something like Arch than something like Ubuntu).

--
Rich