hitachi303 wrote:
> Am 17.08.2020 um 14:11 schrieb Dale:
>> Many years ago, before I used Gentoo, it was claimed, and likely
>> true, that Govt types were reading our emails looking for key words.
>> Well, as a joke some of us gave them something to read.  We put all
>> the keywords in emails with white letters and a white background.  A
>> person reading our emails wouldn't see it but it was there,
>> triggering those Govt types into crazy land.  It was like a signature
>> but invisible.  This was before Facebook or even myspace if I recall
>> correctly.
>
> Where would I get a list with keywords the gov would look for? :-)

If you visit this site, it doesn't allow adblock to be in use.  I can't
tell if it has the actual list or not.  Sites that don't like my adblock
blocking their annoying ads that I will never click on gets a tab
closure.  I've never once clicked on a ad or any sponsored link even in
google search results.  Link may work for you, may not.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nsa-prism-keywords-for-domestic-spying-2013-6

These sites I can see the list.  The more obvious ones are further down
the list.

https://www.sovereignman.com/lifestyle-design/uncle-sam-admits-monitoring-you-for-these-377-words-6832/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/reuvencohen/2012/05/26/department-of-homeland-security-forced-to-release-list-of-keywords-used-to-monitor-social-networking-sites/

Searching for "nsa email keyword list" should get you quite a few hits.
Of course, only idiots will actually use those if they planning to do
anything bad.  A smart bad guy would call a bomb a pizza or a apple
pie.  Of course, we have Govts that don't have the sharpest tools in the
shed working there so what more can we expect from them.  ROFL

Back then, I think there was less than a hundred words.  It seems the
list as grown.  :/

Dale

:-)  :-)