On 8/20/20 1:10 PM, Jack wrote:
On 8/20/20 1:06 PM, james wrote:
On 8/19/20 6:16 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:37:30 -0400, james wrote:

It was release mid July:

https://blog.thunderbird.net/2020/07/whats-new-in-thunderbird-78/

Any idea where the first 'beta' version can be grabbed, as an ebuild?

https://bugs.gentoo.org/733062

"Mozilla Thunderbird 78.0 is now available.

  However, we don't plan to bump until 78.2 release because of known
  problems and upstream's advice not to upgrade yet.

  Thunderbird 78.2 is scheduled for end of August 2020."

It's on my schedule. Thanks.

Look at what I just received:

From  <executivemail...@gmail.com>
Is that really the admin address for your Verizon email?
"Dear User

Your Verizon✔ Version is outdated and has expired in the database as you know we are moving our Email Platform to AOl Mail.

Failure to Upgrade to the newest Verizon✔ AOL Version 12.9 will result in inefficient usage of mailbox and might result to shutdown
The address and this wording really sound to me much more like phishing than a real notice from Verizon.

UPDATE HERE  to Visit your login page Log-in to restore.
Is that link really to the Verizon login, or a phishing look-alike?

Actual email. Verizon is shutting it down. Frontier never offered email services. Verified by Frontier phone support. Those are facts. The 'phishing' email I posted, sure that's most likely a hack attempt. I never follow such links and would first verify by 'out of band' verication, like a contact to a verizon security personel. I have plenty of those and routinely turn down unsolicited jobs offers, directly from Verizon. Trust me, they are ending traditional email services.

Sorry for conflating that phish diatribe with real Verizon email services issues. I process too many emails each day....

I've heard from many sources they *all* intend to shut down email services. IMHO time for folks to run their own email servers, ymmv. Besides, I have at least a billion reasons to do this... We're all stuck with the whims of the carriers we have physical access too. Here in Florida, they *all suck*, coming from a computer science point of view. You cannot even rally the academics here in Florida, as they are all either stupid, ignorant or both. Calif and Tex. both have far greater Academics that can at least comprehend the state of our deteriorating internet rights.

Here is a historical ref:

https://powersolution.com/verizon-net-shutting-down-email-avoid-direct-migration-to-gmail/

I get all kinds of timeout errors the last few months with pop3 on Verizon. Since 2017 they have been strongly encouraging migrations to anything but normal email services. They seem determined to shut down pop3 first.

https://www.gmass.co/blog/verizon-email-settings/

Besides running my own email servers, dns and other related software, will prevent this sort of behavior and be carrier independent. For now, sure I'm going to use Frontier IP address, on a rented basis. In time, I'.. use IPv6 addresses.

Thanks
Verizon✔ My Account
Verizon✔ © 2020 All Right reserved  "

We I guess I go into overdrive now to get email up. Posting to wider gentoo-user issues might be tuff. I do have this email:

dtf...@protonmail.com

but it's the limited, free version, atm.

Publish or priavte emails on getting those 2 R.Pi.4 boards up and running, asap, gentoo is the first step.
NOW this is all a priority, for me.