After a system update on 18.09.2020 of my Gentoo system, the
xorg-server failed to start with the following (last) error message:
dbus-core: error connecting to system bus:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound (Failed to connect to socket
/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)

Last time I updated my system on 8.08.2020 and everything worked fine.

I use startx to start xorg-server and I do not use systemd.

I still use the 4.19.86 kernel which is already out of Gentoo tree
without masking the newer ones. May it be the reason?