Am 06.10.20 um 11:52 schrieb k...@aspodata.se:
> Stefan G. Weichinger:
>> Am 05.10.20 um 21:32 schrieb k...@aspodata.se:
>> What do you think, is 2 TB maybe too big for the controller?

> This doesn't really tells us which controller it is, try with
>
>  lspci -s 0a:0e.0 -nn

I know the model: ICP5165BR

with ancient Firmware.

Currently I am in the Controller's BIOS or however you call that. I try
to initialize and/or format the drive to make it available.

The format runs for hours already.

I prepared a FreeDOS iso with the latest firmware to flash ... after the
formatting is done.

Maybe then the compatibility is better. Or the controller becomes a
paperweight.

I have the impression that the controller hasn't yet fully recognized
the disk, it is displayed differently in the array and disk menus of the
firmware UI.

>>> What do sg_verify /dev/sg11 return ?
>> nothing
>
> Well, you have to check the return status: echo $?

Maybe later, right now not possible (as mentioned above).