On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, Jack wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 12:31:55
> From: Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net>
> To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
> Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: tried desktop profile
>
> On 2020.10.15 00:03, Wols Lists wrote:
> >On 14/10/20 22:37, Jack wrote:
> >>Why do you need two graphics cards?  I've been driving two monitors off each
> >>of the last several graphics cards I've used - both nVidia and ATI, from
> >>simple PCI to PCIE needing the extra power connector.
> >
> >Because I'm not driving two monitors. I'm running a two-user system. AIUI,
> >each session needs its own graphics card (which could drive two monitors for
> >that user).
> >
> Now that would be an interesting project - a single instance of X, but split
> between two different users, each on a separate monitor.  I agree it's not
> feasible now, as xorg runs as the owning user.  I would expect Wayland has the
> same restriction.  Actually, I would find it interesting to have a separate
> session on each monitor just in plain text mode.
>
> Was the second graphics card you tried using also PCIE?  If so, I wonder if
> you might get it to work with a PCI card as the second graphics card.

I just found out efi variables are not available on my new system.
portage is also upset.
!!! Repository 'x-portage is missing masters attribute in
'/usr/local/portage/metadata/layout.conf'
!!! !!! Set 'masters = gentoo' in this file for future compatibility

I don't know what to do to clear this error.