On 11/11/20 7:56 AM, Arve Barsnes wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 at 16:44, Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone have any idea where to look next to see why this is being
pulled in?

You should probably just refer to your previous thread, because all
the same info still applies. You need to mask gentoo-sources and
unmask the versions you want to install if you don't want updates.

I have never had to do this in the past. Simply having a slot in world as indicated here:

apollo ~ # grep gentoo-sources /var/lib/portage/world
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:5.4.66

and not just sys-kernel/gentoo-sources has been enough that it doesn't pull in extra sources. I'm trying to figure out why this behaviour has changed. I've been doing it this way for years, and only recently has it started to try to merge a newer version while emerging world.

Or is this because nvidia-drivers depends on virtual/linux-sources? Even so, the presence of the single slotted version in world should be enough to satisfy the dependency.

Dan