On 25/11/2020 15:13, Dale wrote:
I can't think of a reason not to use labels, at the very least, in most
situations.  The only one I can think of, a laptop that has only one
hard drive.  Sort of hard to install two hard drives on a laptop.  A
external one can be done but never seen one with two spots for internal
hard drives.  Do they make those???

I'm writing this on one of those right now ...

Windows on the first drive, and SUSE and gentoo on the second, except I can't get SUSE to realise I want the boot files on the first drive, so of course EFI can't find it to boot it.

(SUSE would put the boot files in the right place if I did an "expert partition" jobbie, but I don't want to do that seeing as I've never played with EFI before.)

Cheers,
Wol