On 07/12/2020 14:30, Grant Edwards wrote:
I ended up uninstalling packages mentioned in those 150 lines 2-3 at a
time and until emerge was willing to update world.

After that I guess I start trying to re-install what was removed.

I do an emerge -C --oneshot to uninstall those packages. That way, when emerge finally starts to update world, it pulls them all back (at least, the ones that are needed) itself without me needing to worry about it.

This is where I wish there was an option similar to --keep-going, that instead of the dependency calculation aborting when it gets in a mess, it just stops the dependency calculation and emerges what it can. I find just emerging a random selection of the things it says it can, it usually does eventually get there ...

Cheers,
Wol