On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 07:54:55 +0100, n952162 wrote:

> One thing about frequent updating...  I thought I was following the
> advice here by developing a procedure to update at the start of every
> month.  When I did that, llvm, rust, clang, firefox, and thunderbird
> would rebuild every time, for an average of 4 to 8 hours a piece.  If
> those things - or their dependencies - are triggered that often, then
> it's likely I'll be building them almost every week instead of every
> month.

The more frequently you update, the fewer packages will need to be
emerged on each update. Although frequent updates may mean more work
overall, they break it into small chunks that are easy to manage, and can
also avoid the long lists of warning messages like you have been seeing.

--
Neil Bothwick

This message has been cruelly tested on sweet little furry animals.