On 12/14/20 10:55 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
   I ordered a Dell XPS 8940 which arrived in October, but life got in
the way, and I'm only now getting around to setting it up.  First thing
I noticed today is that Dell "had the courage to remove the VGA port"
<G>.  It has HDMI and Displayport.  I've got two monitors for my PCs.
My main one has VGA/DVI/HDMI/Displayport inputs.

   But I want to attach the XPS 8940 to the older monitor, which only has
VGA and DVI-D.  I use the older monitor for setup/install and to keep
the "hot backup" machine up-to-date.  What are my options?  For the main
machine I'll buy an HDMI cable.  Are there adapters that'll push HDMI
computer output into a monitor VGA or DVI-D input?  That way I can buy
an HDMI cable plus an adaptor, rather than a new monitor. <G>

If your old monitor has DVI-D there's a plethora of HDMI to DVI-D cords out there. We use a lot of them where I work.

Dan