* On 27.10.2005 Qian Qiao wrote:

>> P.S. is there an easy way to confirm which kernel source (gentoo/vanilla)
>> was originally installed?
>
> # cat /var/lib/portage/world> grep sys-kernel

 UUOC

> The above command should give you the kernel(s) you've emerged.

 Normally the above command should do the trick. But there's a
special case where it doesn't work, though. If you installed with
the portage option '--oneshot' the package isn't recorded to the
world file.

 Then you're still be able to confirm the package, though, if
we're imagin that /var/log/emerge.log hasn't been touched (read:
hasn't been rotated or such):

% grep sys-kernel /var/log/emerge.log

 should do the trick then

 So long,
tkr

--
... at least I thought I was dancing, 'til somebody stepped on my hand.
                -- J. B. White