Following my daily syncing today, 2 news items appeared,
the important one for this being the following:

    2021-01-30-display-manager-init

It states that starting the next xorg-server version,
the xdm init script will be removed and that one
install gui-libs/display-manager-init to replace it.
Following the instructions to install said package
leads to a wonderful error stating that the package
is blocked by the following packages:

    x11-apps/xinit-1.4.1
    sys-apps/sysvinit-2.98
    x11-base/xorg-server-1.20.10

Removing xorg-server is not gonna happen, so
looking at what emerge says, there's a bit of an
issue here:

https://zifb.in/GUtgto4VcX

Doing the required update is currently impossible.

I am definitely not gonna remember about this
in a week or 2 so I'd like to deal with whatever
this issue is asap. Is there any way to do this?

Note: all 3 of the blocking packages and whatever
pulls them in are NOT using the ~amd64 keyword
at the moment, except for nvidia-drivers.

Thanks for any help,
Kusoneko.