On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 06:55:12AM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 2:45 AM Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
> >
> >   So far, so good, but running "ps -ef | grep whatever" and then
> > typing the kill -SIGSTOP/SIGCONT command on the correct pid is grunt
> > work, subject to typos.
>
> man killall

  My reading of the "killall" man page is that it works on command
names.  For my script, "pstop palemoon" stops all instances of Pale
Moon.  But my script greps the entire line, so "pstop slashdot" will
stop the process...

/home/waltdnes/pm/palemoon/palemoon -new-instance -p slasdot

  Does "killall" have that ability to stop a process based on any
parameters in the command line?

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>