Hello,

On Sat, 06 Feb 2021, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
>What changing one need to make to force gentoo log-in to accept
>simple password. The system is not a high security risk so I have no
>need for a sophisticated password.

>I think it has to do something with file: /etc/pam.d/system-auth
[..]
>password        required        pam_passwdqc.so
>config=/etc/security/passwdqc.conf

Uninstall sys-auth/passwdqc... From it's manpage:

====
DESCRIPTION
     The pam_passwdqc module is a simple password strength checking
     module for PAM.
====

You need to remove the 'passwdqc' USE flag from sys-auth/pambase, else
it'll get pulled in again.

HTH,
-dnh

--
Linux is not a desktop OS for people whose VCRs are still
flashing "12:00".                         -- Paul Tomblin