On 9/2/21 8:29 pm, Wols Lists wrote:
On 09/02/21 11:29, Andrew Lowe wrote:
On 8/2/21 11:36 pm, Peter Humphrey wrote:
Hello list,

I have a Pi 400, on which I'd like to install Gentoo if I can. I've
tried a
few approaches so far, but each one has fallen foul of some obstacle. For
instance, today I tried installing a small Gentoo system into a
chroot, to do
the compiling there. It seemed to be going well until time came to
upgrade
openssl. It stopped when it couldn't cope with the ARM platform. Zlib
also
failed, needing static compilation, I think.

I see references to using crossdev, wine and taking a prebuilt system
from
various sources, but I haven't found a way through yet.

What setup do people use for compiling for Raspberry Pi?

I'm about to try this:

https://github.com/sakaki-/gentoo-on-rpi-64bit

for a couple of 3's and then some 4's when they turn up. Have you tried
it and it fails?

Bear in mind apparently a normal pi boot setup doesn't work on the 400.
Don't know anything about it except apparently if you stick a card for
the pi 3 or 4 in a 400, it won't boot. It needs to be optimised for the 400.

Cheers,
Wol

Sorry, forgot about those thingies... Took the "400" to be a typo of "4", ie just the board....

        Andrew