Am 27.02.2021 um 14:08 schrieb Grant Edwards:
On one of my Gentoo machines Python 2.7 has not been removed by
deplcean as it has on others, and I've been unable to determine
why. It's not in the world file, and 'equery d python' doesn't show
anything depending on 2.7. I have no python targets specified in
make.conf nor in any package use flag settings.

How do you determine why portage thinks a certain slot of a package
is required? None of the documentation I an find on portage discusses
finding packages dependent on particular slots.

Have you tried #emerge -av --depclean =<atom> ?