I use with a highly customised image made with NTLite where nearly
everything is removed, especially things like the antimalware, Cortana, etc.

This gives marginal gain in terms of boot up time, and general speed of the
UI (even with all animations disabled). It does however reduce the memory
requirement to about 1-1.5 GiB, which is nicer than average. However, that
barely fits a browser like Chrome or Edge.

I've been trying to perfect a minimal image setup for VirtualBox for a
while. It's taking a long time to test it.