I'm installing on a new machine.  I much rather prefer doing it
remote, so I can compare side by side with my current machine.  But the
terminal is badly scrambled.  See attachment.  Some Google hits
suggested checking that "TERM" and locale match on both machines.  They
do match on my systems.  What next?

  Another item that may or may not be related... emerging Gentoo sources
did not create a symlink from "linux-5.10.27-gentoo" to "linux", so I
had to do it manually.  I suppose I could've used "eselect kernel set 1"
instead.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>