On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 09:32:41 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:

> Why is it checking the build environment for a binary package?

I was wondering the same.

> As it stands, I can't fix this problem.
> 
> I tried editing the ebuild (removing the __thread check) and rebuilding 
> the manifest but it still fails at the same place. I've double- and 
> triple-checked it's the right ebuild but it's still running the checks!
> 
> Some assistance on installing glibc would be much appreciated!

You can untar the binary package into /, which bypasses the checks. Then
you can emerge it so that portage knows where it stands.

The usual guarantees apply: if it breaks your system, you get to keep the
pieces. I'd backup / first.


-- 
Neil Bothwick

*Libra*: /(Sept 23--Oct 23)/ An unfortunate typo on your application
results in your being accepted into the Legion Of Superherpes.

Attachment: pgpqQwXcwx2D4.pgp
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

Reply via email to