I continue to get the occasional message from gentoo-user+owner that messages to me have bounced, but since I am receiving that message, things are OK again. Unfortunately, if I request a re-send of the bounced message (it is usually just one) it never arrives, and sometimes results in another message about a bounce. My assumption at this point is that the bounce is most likely due to DMARC and related rules on the sender's email server and something in the list rewriting (or not) some of the headers before forwarding it on to me. Of course with no way of knowing who sent the message, I can't begin to confirm that premise, or just see the message, which is what I'd like to do.

I reread most of two threads about this from 2018 and 2019, and there was a post that seemed to imply there was a way to translate the message number (196927 was the latest from this list for me) to a URL to see the message in the list archives at gentoo.org. Does such a translation actually exist, and can someone point me to it?

Thanks.

Jack