Holly Bostick wrote:

>Programs That Depend On xmlto
>
>    app-text/robodoc
>    dev-util/mercurial
>    sci-geosciences/gpsd
>    sys-auth/libnss-pgsql
>    doc media-gfx/k3d
>
>Which, if any of these programs do you have installed on your system?

I have none of those installed, but that k3d looks familiar.  It is not
installed though.  May have read about it somewhere.  Is that that 3D
desktop thing?  I did install that once but unmerged it ages ago.

>>I did also try USE="-doc" emerge xmlto and it still fails.
>>

>This is not a solution-- xmlto does not have any USE flags; all its
>dependencies are required, not optional.

I read about that somewhere.  It was worth a try.  < shrugs shoulders >

>Runtime Dependencies
>xmlto-0.0.18
>
>|    app-shells/bash
>|    app-text/docbook-xml-dtd4.2
>|    >= app-text/docbook-xsl-stylesheets - 1.62.0-r1
>|    dev-libs/libxslt
>|    sys-apps/utillinux
>
>xmlto-0.0.17
>
>|    app-shells/bash
>|    app-text/docbook-xml-dtd4.2
>|    >= app-text/docbook-xsl-stylesheets - 1.62.0-r1
>|    dev-libs/libxslt
>|    sys-apps/utillinux
>
>I would suggest recompiling the two docbook dependencies, most notably
>docbook-xml-dtd, and seeing if that helps in any way. If you really need
>xmlto. But I admit that if I had this problem, I'd be more likely to get
>rid of xlmto, and any programs that depended on it (or find an
>alternative to the programs which did not require xmlto) to solve the
>problem. You've gotta pick your battles, and I myself do not need to
>fight to get xmlto working.

I did re-emerge the docbook things, several times I might add, no
workey, just more smoke.  :(

>You may have different priorities, though.
>
>HTH,
>Holly

Me has one big priority right now, getting back to Mobile AL to see my
lady.  :-)

What would die if I unmerged it?  I don't want to remove it and then
reboot or something and it blow smoke at me.  :/  I don't relish in
reinstalling Gentoo.  I would, but I would rather not.

So you will know, this comes up on occasion when I do a emerge -uv
world.  I usually do a emerge --resume --skipfirst and it carries on.
It just seems to pop up on occasion and is getting under my skin.

Thanks for the help though.  I added a sig below.  Fits me huh??  LOL

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.