On 2021/09/27 at 07:31pm, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 11:23:58 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> > I couldn't (easily - I'm very busy right now) figure out how to get
> > Chrome and Chromium to sync bookmarks and passwords and I want
> > Windows, Android and Linux (all flavors) to be in sync if possible.

> I use Chromium on my computers and Chrome on my phone and the
> bookmarks are kept in sync without any action on my part. It seems
> there is no difference between Chrome and Chromium in this regard.

Is sync still working? I thought that Google had closed whatever
loophole had allowed not-Chrome browsers to sync with Google Chrome.

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/122570052/sync-and-login-no-longer-works-in-chromium?hl=en

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/01/chromium-sync-google-api-removed

I also remember that on the Twit network, either This Week In Tech or
maybe Security Now talked about Google closing that "bug".

If it is still working, that is great news for users of Chromium-based
browsers that aren't Google Chrome, but I don't think it is safe to
expect the behavior to continue.

--
Chris Spackman (he / him)                           ch...@osugisakae.com

ESL Coordinator                             The Graham Family of Schools
ESL Instructor                          Columbus State Community College
Japan Exchange and Teaching Program           Wajima, Ishikawa 1995-1998
Linux user since 1998                                 Linux User #137532