On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 3:21 PM Helmut Jarausch <jarau...@skynet.be> wrote:

> Is it possible to have a hard link from one subvolume to a different
> one?

You could do a quick test, but I don't think so.  I haven't used btrfs
in years but they're basically separate filesystems as far as most
commands are concerned.  I don't think you can create reflinks between
subvolumes either.

The files are already reflinked by design though.  You'd just make a
new snapshot and then rsync over it.  Anything that doesn't change
will already share space on disk by virtue of the snapshot.  Anything
that does change will only be modified on the snapshot you target with
rsync.  I'm not sure why you'd want to use a hardlink - it doesn't
provide the isolation you already get from the snapshot.

--
Rich