On 12/15/21 1:21 PM, Laurence Perkins wrote:
So one thing that's annoyed me for a while is that there are several things which will pull in nullmailer to accept local mails, but don't pull in anything to do local delivery (And I'm not sure if nullmailer can even pass things to local delivery) so your local delivery mails by default just stack up in the nullmailer outbound queue unless you configure it to pass them off to an external mail system.

Since the most commonly used of these programs are things like cron where local delivery is probably the only thing most users would care about it might be nice if the default configuration were one that does that, and then those who want local mail relayed elsewhere still don't have any significant extra setup work to do.

The idea of having a default mail configuration that would deliver locally originated messages (e.g. from cron) to local user's mailboxes (mbox) in /var(/spool)/mail makes sense to me.

I don't think I'd /personally/ us it b/c I run full MTAs on all my systems. But that's /me/. I realize that I'm atypical.

But I would +1 a simple config that does local delivery from "<foo> | mail ${USER}" to end up in "/var/spool/mail/${USER}".

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die