On 12/23/21 17:54, eric wrote:
On 12/23/21 5:40 PM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
On 12/23/21 17:19, Mark Knecht wrote:
On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 4:53 PM <the...@sys-concept.com> wrote:

On 12/23/21 15:51, Spackman, Chris wrote:
On 2021/12/23 at 01:57pm, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
I have latest ghostscript installed: ghostscript-gpl-9.55.0-r1

When I try to view a postsript file from command line: gs W-9_Form.ps
It works OK, but when I try to open same file in Xfce desktop it opens
and closes instantly.

My guess would be that in XFCE, gs is successfully doing whatever
(showing, interpreting, ??) in a terminal window and then immediately
closing when done.

Have you tried a GUI such as Okular or Evince? They both support viewing
.ps files.

In Thunar, just right click on the file and choose "Open with >" and
either Okular or Evince if they are listed, or "Open with Other
Application ..." if they aren't. (But if they aren't listed, you might
have to install them, or a similar GUI viewer.)

When I try to open "ps" file with evince I'm getting an error:

evince W-9\ Form.ps

(evince:6866): dconf-CRITICAL **: 16:50:27.034: unable to create file
'/run/user/1000/dconf/user': Permission denied.  dconf will not work properly.

Have you Googled it? I think this error has been all over the place recently.

- Mark

Who suppose to be the owner of the file: /run/user/1000/dconf/user

-rw------- 1 root root 2 Dec 23 16:48 /run/user/1000/dconf/user

Shouldn't the owner be who ever has the uid of 1000? That is how it is on my
system.

Regards,

Eric

I deleted the that file: /run/user/1000/dconf/user (owned as root) it was empty
anyhow.
Logout / Login and system recreated that file with my home user name.

But I still can not open "ps" file with evince. I'm getting an error message:

evince W-9\ Form.ps

(evince:19345): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 19:26:40.904: invalid cast from
'GtkFileChooserNative' to 'GtkWidget'
Worth to note that I just upgraded my system.