On 1/18/22 1:50 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
No, I'm talking about the opposite situation. I'm talking about you have foo.local resolvable via mDNS, but not DNS - then there is a chance you won't be able to access the host.

It's the same problem just opposite directions.

The solution is to use something to unify the .local name in the mDNS and uDNS name spaces. This can be done via a gateway that speaks both protocols. E.g. listens for mDNS queries as well as being an authoritative uDNS server for the .local domain / TLD.

It's not /simple/ but nor is it /impossible/.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die