Dale schrieb am 06.03.22 um 06:53:

I have a chroot environment that I do updates in.  Once the updates are
done, I copy the binaries and distfiles over to my running system and
use the -k option to update everything in my real system.  It comes in
real handy when libreoffice, Firefox, qtwebengine and other large time
consuming packages are being updated.  The bad thing is, I have the full
length of build time in the chroot but the binary install on my running
system.  Is there a way to either stop it from logging binary updates or
removing them after it is done?  I'd rather it not keep those times in
either place really.  I can't find a emerge option.  It seems to record
everything regardless.  My reason for this, the binary install times
throws off genlop -c and its estimates.

Anybody have ideas?

There is a long-standing bug [1] regrading this issue but given genlop currently is not actively developed I don't think there will be a solution soon. It should be possible to exclude binary merges as they can be identified in emerge.log which is read by genlop to generate the output.

Also I don't think there is an option in portage to not log binary merges.

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/120899

--
Best
Daniel