On 28/03/2022 07:53, Dale wrote:
I looked into setting up a local mail server, it is just way over my
head.  When I have time to deal with it, I'll look into it again.  I'm
sure I can do it but at the moment, got to much else going on.  It's the
season for catching catfish anyway.;-)

If you look at dovecot, just make sure you look at the end of the .conf, where it points at a local config file. Then put all your changes in that local file.

And I just use a filter in thunderbird to move all my mail from webmail to local dovecot, no faffing about with a proper mailserver. Okay, it's not a "proper" setup, but it's perfect for me ... :-)

Cheers,
Wol