On 2022-05-24 13:20, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
Anyone noticed anything lately with plasmashell? I think it started happening after Qt was upgraded from 5.15.3 to 5.15.4. At login, the desktop is very unresponsive and sluggish. Mouse clicks take over a second to register.

The plasmashell process is hogging one core of the CPU to almost 100%. It only happens on login. Logging out and back in again usually fixes it.

I've had this problem for at least 2 years, can't find the cause. I sleep/resume a lot and figured it was some race condition.

I have a Konsole shell auto-open one resume or logon so I can drop to the shell and issue `killall plasmashell && plasmashell &`.

I've even tried starting with a fresh home directory and have not seen a difference. I don't use any plugins either.

Do you have an nvidia card? This machine that constantly has this issue does, but my laptop (intel graphics) does not.

Dan