On 10/09/2022 01:18, Paul Colquhoun wrote:
2) Remind us again why you still try to run Gentoo when you obviously dislike it.

snark :-)

A couple of things to remember:

Gentoo IS a pita to install and run compared to most other distros - I've had a brand new laptop lying around for 6 months which has been an absolute pain and is still not working ...

RTFM is NOT an acceptable answer - half the time the documentation is worse than the program, the other half of the time you can't find it and the stuff on the web is out-or-date, irrelevant, or some other rabbit hole ...

IBM used to have a "black team", apparently. Anybody who was just plain useless at their job, or could never get things to work, or just took pleasure in breaking things, was put on this team. Telling developers their work was being handed over to this lot for testing was considered pure torture. I guess Alan belongs on that team - at least if the devs are reading it helps gentoo get more robust :-)

Cheers,
Wol