On 10/26/22 12:35 PM, Jack wrote:
Could you not interrupt  grup and append "single" or "init=/bin/bash" to the kernel command line?

Maybe.

It will depend on how complex your configuration is.

I don't remember if Gentoo requires root's password when entering single user mode or not. (I've not tested it in a long time.)

Invoking Bash (or any shell) as init may not work as desired if your system configuration is complex and needs fancier things (modules / network resources / etc) during normal init.

My 20 years worth of experience is to have a root password set so that you can fix this more directly and more reliably.

Ideally, as soon as you learn that sudo is not working as desired, use su -- using root's password -- and revert the recent sudo change.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die