Zhang Weiwu wrote:

It took me one day to emerge from source. I tried SEARCH_DIRS_MASK but
that doesn't work for me.

Yes, the SEARCH_DIRS_MASK is only for revdep-rebuild and for those who merged the binary package. You do not need it when merging from source, and has no effect on your ability to start OOo.

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.0  +curl +eds +gnome +gtk
+java -kde +ldap +mozilla -nas +xml2 +zlib 0 kB

Well, these USE flags are quite different than what I use, so comparing to my system is probably not useful.

But, could you try an "equery check openoffice", and see if it reports any problems?

I remember that when I compiled OOo2, it took over 3Gb of space in /var, and my /usr/lib/openoffice directory is using 228M. Maybe you ran out of disk space at some point during the merge, which is why you are missing files???

-Richard