On 4/11/23 14:37, Matt Connell wrote:
On Tue, 2023-04-11 at 11:28 -0600, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
Does user need to be in group:  plugdev for it to work.

I'm fairly confident that you do, yes.

"Udisks uses polkit to handle permissions.  Make sure each user is in
the plugdev group"

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Udisks#Configuration

None of my systems have even  acct-group/plugdev installed
and no user is in plugdev group

Two of the system mounts USB automatically (correctly) when USB is plugged-in,
one updated last Dec. and one yesterday.
Third computer upgraded yesterday but USB doesn't auto-mount automatically.

One of my remote computer stop automounting USB all of a sudden as well, even
though I did not change any setting it happen after I installed
gnome-extra/zenity