Yes, I'm sure. As a same user I repeated that many times on different partitions and just in that Kate doesn't ask me for a confirmation. Well... With gedit I don't have this problem. gedit ask me for a confirmation. But I would like to use Kate. I suppose that I have to agree about a but in Kate.

About the other question. Any answear?

Thanks!

2005/11/5, Glenn Enright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 19:29, Rafael Barreto wrote:
> I'm with a very strange problem with a partition reiserfs. When I installed
> gentoo I created a partition to save my personal docs and I formatted it
> with reiserfs filesystem. Today, I was wrinting a little program in python
> using Kate and, accidentaly, I overwrite a file on that partition. The
> strange was that Kate don't ask me for a confirmation about that. Kate just
> overwrote the file. Well, I imagined that comportament was not right and I
> tried to ovewrite an archive in the partition mounted under /home and Kate,
> now, ask me for a confirmation. Strange... any idea?

Are you sure you were working as the same user? not as root or something?
Could have been different user settings.
--

Some men are so interested in their wives' continued happiness that they
hire detectives to find out the reason for it.