Howdy,

Some may recall me buying a SSD for my OS.  I been busy and other than
installing it in the system, I haven't touched it since.  Now that I
have a little time, I want to play with it a bit.  Actually put my OS on
it maybe.  I did a little research and found the mkstage4 package that
may do what I want.  If it works the way I think, I can create
partitions and file systems on the drive, mount everything and then use
it to copy over a stage 4 install.  Basically, it will copy the OS to
the SSD for me and knows what to copy and what not to copy.  That's what
it sounds like to me anyway.  Thing is, I'm not sure.  I found it on the
wiki.  It's here:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mkstage4

It seems I just CD into the / directory of the SSD and run the command.
I'm not real sure on that tho.  Some commands do work like that tho.  I
think with tar you have to use a option, -C I think, to change
directories.  May be as simple as it looks.  lol

Anyone ever use this tool?  Is it that simple?  Think it will do what
I'm wanting it to do?  I'm assuming it will skip /home too.  That'll
never fit on that little SSD.  I've got well north of 40TBs here now,
not counting backups.

Looking for any info on this, good or bad.

Dale

:-)  :-)