On 9/12/23 11:55, Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 September 2023 16:45:21 BST Dale wrote:

I currently have Ubuntu installed.  I would have been done with it
sooner but I had a typo in exports and it wouldn't allow me to mount the
thing.  Wrong IP for my main system.  At least it's secure.  ROFL  So
far, my biggest gripe is sudo this, sudo that.  Dang, give me root and
be done with it.  :/  I did try, no freaking password for the thing.  I
gotta google that tho.  There has to be a way.
You could try 'sudo su -' . I don't know, but it's worth a try.

I've generally used "sudo bash" for such stuff.