On 2023-09-20, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For websites, I really like Bitwarden.  I remember one password and it
> can generate passwords for all the websites I use.  The passwords it
> generates are pretty random.  For sites that don't allow symbols, I can
> turn that off.  The big point, I only remember one password.  Thing is,
> on one hand I need help remembering all these passwords.  On the other
> hand, that is a risk itself.

I second the recommendation of Bitwarden.  I used to use Lastpass but
they discontinued their free version, and the entry-level price was
just too high. I was so impressed with Bitwarden's support that I did
end up subsribing to their lowest-level paid service even though I
don't really need any of the extras that gets me.  It's also nice to
know that I can set up my own Bitwarden server if I want to.

If you're using Bitwarden's cloudy storage, don't forget to back up
your password database locally too.  I always back it up in human
readable format and then encrypt it using openssl command-line
methods. You don't want to have to depend on either Bitwarden's
servers or the Bitwarden app to retreive your passwords.

--
Grant