051107 Petteri R?ty wrote:
> Philip Webb wrote:
>> Has anyone got Nvidia to work with Kernel 2.6.14 ?
>> I had it working with 2.6.12 , but got an error with 2.6.14 :
>> "can't initialise Nvidia module, no qualified screen available"
>> (or words to that effect).  I have recompiled Nvidia etc.
> No problems here with the latest ~x86 stuff. I have a Geforce 4 Ti-4600.

In case anyone has advice, the lines I get are:

  (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialise NVIDIA kernel module!
  (EE) NVIDIA(0): *** aborting ***
  (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have usable configuration

The cause may be a kernel configuration line which I changed
without realising its whole effect.  I'm using Nvidia version 6629 .

Thanks to everyone who has replied: I will investigate further myself.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]