On Sunday, 28 January 2024 16:59:52 GMT Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 9:49 AM Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>
>
> wrote:
> > On Sunday, 28 January 2024 16:39:56 GMT I wrote:
> > > Hits on the web suggest downgrading linux-firmware, which I've now done
>
> and
>
> > > will await results. The latest upgrade was to version 20240115-r1, four
>
> days
>
> > > ago.
> >
> > s/Hits/Hints/
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Peter.
>
> If it is a memory error then there are there possibilities:
>
> 1) The new linux-firmware has a problem and the error is untrue
>
> 2) The DRAM was bad but not tested earlier and is true
>
> 3) The DRAM has gone bad and the error is true
>
> A reasonable next step is to run some sort of longer term
> memory test, memtest 86, memtest64 or something else of your choice.
>
> Good luck,
> Mark

I'm not sure a microcode update has been released yet by AMD as a blob,
outside what they make available to MoBo OEMs within 'BIOS firmware' updates.
To find what's in the box use:

dmesg | grep -i 'family:'

Then check what CPU family and model microcodes the linux-firmware contains:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/
tree/amd-ucode/README

If you can't find your family and model in the above, then you could check
what firmware updates are available by the MoBo's OEM.  These would include
microcode made directly available by AMD to the OEM.