Il 05/02/24 06:21, Dale ha scritto:
Howdy,

This is just a heads up.  I synced on Saturday, USA time, and was doing
my regular updates, weekly ones.  For some reason, mysql and opencv
would fail every time I attempted to upgrade.  I've had times where
something would fail on first attempt and just trying to update again
would allow it to finish.  I guess something was done out of order or
something.  Anyway, that didn't work this time.  I also searched BGO and
the forums with no one else having the problem.  After updating all I
could, I synced the tree again.  It's rare but sometimes one can sync
when the tree isn't quite complete.  I haven't seen that in a few years
but it is always on my list of things to try even tho it is so rare.  In
this case, syncing again was the solution.  I caught something in the
middle of a change or something and got something that wasn't quite up
to date.

TL;DR.  If the above fails, sync the tree again and retry.  It should
work then.  Time stamp for my original sync:  2024-02-03T20:37:56
Again, USA central time.

Hope this helps someone who runs into this and can't work around it.  :-D

Dale

:-)  :-)

It was a tracked opencv issue deriving from a dev-libs/protobuf update:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/909087

Probably you did not find it because by default the Bugzilla interface only searches for CONFIRMED, UNCONFIRMED, IN_PROGRESS. This one was fixed and closed at the speed of light, I found it yesterday only by chance because I did the search a short time before Comment 4...

I suppose that due to the urgency the developer did not change the ebuild version.

raf