Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Saturday, 17 February 2024 17:03:09 GMT Dale wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I posted about this once before but also included pipewire and others.
>> We addressed the other problems but this wasn't really fixed it would
>> seem.  I found the old thread.  This is what I get today.
>>

>> WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a
>> dependency conflict:
>>
>> gui-libs/egl-wayland:0
>>
>>   (gui-libs/egl-wayland-1.1.13:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
>> USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" conflicts with
>>     ~gui-libs/egl-wayland-1.1.7 required by
>> (x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-470.223.02:0/470::gentoo, installed) USE="X
>> modules strip tools wayland -dist-kernel -modules-compress -modules-sign
>> -persistenced -static-libs" ABI_X86="(64) -32"
>>     ^                     ^^^^^
>> I do this in a Konsole and I tried changing the fonts.  The little ^^^^
>> things still point to places there is nothing or other wrong places.
> The ^ points to the ~ character above it, and the ^^^^^ points to 1.1.7, the
> version of egl-wayland, so the version you want to merge won't satisfy
> nvidia-drivers.
>
> Does that help?

That's my thinking as well.  Sometimes tho decoding the output of emerge
can be tricky and isn't always obvious.  After I hit send for the
original message, I tried masking the new version of the egl package.
It gave a clean upgrade path BUT that package isn't up to date, just as
up to date as it can be at the moment.  ;-)

Do you think this is a bug or anything else that may come to mind?  I
even wonder if my video card is old enough that it is losing support.  I
thought of getting a newer video card but other than being newer, I
really don't need any better since I don't do anything that puts a load
on the card I have.  I check the power setting and most of the time, it
is on level 0 or level 1 if I'm watching something in 1080p on TV.  It
rarely goes to full power, level 2.  Even the fan generally sits at 40%
RPM.  Which reminds me, I need to give that thing a blowing out.  Those
things catch dust bunnies.  :/

After getting that pipewire and friends problem solved, I'm getting
close to some pretty easy updates.  :-D

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  This list is a lot quieter than it used to be.  The emerge
command and its friends are just getting better and better.  It can work
out a update path in most all cases, even when we give it some really
bad options.  Hats off to the devs.  :-D  :-D