AMDGPU-PRO is not a driver, but a set of libraries containing opencl,vulkan and advanced media framework. It operates on top of amdgpu.

Mesa is the open source implementation of OpenGL, Vulkan, et al. graphics API
specifications.  If you are using proprietary AMD drivers then I understand
all the graphics API instructions will go through these proprietary drivers,
instead of being translated by Mesa.
As you said, it could be seen as an alternative to mesa, but will not change anything about the firmware or the amdgpu driver. It therefore will not change anything about the framebuffer, since this is handled by the driver.

That said, I do not have the described problems when starting gamescope from a tty, so my guess now is that its a Hyprland issue. I filed a bug there. I will also try to start Hyprland using amdgpu-pro instead of mesa.

Thank you for your time