Polite and respectful.

They don't look that much.

Well, I always thought that using the words like "please" is a sign
of respect to others.

Sometimes it looks more like sarcasm.
Yours is a bit "autistic" way to deal with human language. It is not like using "please" in a sentence means an automatic grep turns on a RESPECTFUL_LANGUAGE=1 flag in response.

On the other side, some of replies included
phrases like "...it bloody matters!..." or "how the hell would we
know...!" or "Jarry needs variable BRAVE_YET_DUMB=1". Although
such words do not sound good to me, I would never dare to say their
authors are arrogant...

These people are treating you with confidence. They're kidding with you because they assume you're understanding we're just kidding and we're all respectful of each other, at a deeper level. They assume you have a life and you don't have to feel hurt by every little single humour is done at you.

">which version of portage you are running!
Do you really think it is important? Because since I'm using Gentoo,
I do not take care about versions, portage does it instead of me."

I asked the question seriously. When I switched to gentoo, everybody
told me "...c'mon, come'n'try gentoo, there are no versions like in
redhat, suse or debian, it is always updated!...". Suddenly there are
versions...

Ehm... They were asking about a Portage version, not a Gentoo version. It's TRUE you don't have to deal with your distro versions more (that's the thing I love more about Gentoo), but your packages still have version numbers...

Taking a simple joke this seriously doesn't make you look superior. In
fact you look much more childish than the original poster. If you were
really a superior intelligence, you would have at least asked yourself
*why* so much people were laughing at your post.

Aha, now I understand! I should have probably answer:
AND_YOU_ARE_EVEN_BIGGER_FOOL_LOL=1
That would have been probably even better simple joke, huh? :-)
<now THIS is sarcasm from me, I would never write something like that>

Ok, I assume your sense of humour is hopeless :-D

You copy-and-paste the manual (implicitly stating we're all
morons that have never read it)

I copy&pasted it to let you know where I got that idea...

Yes, I figured it out. But it's the impression you give that's quite bad.

And that's two characters, BTW (a letter and a dot :P )
m.

OK, that's "cool", I will use it from now! :-)

?

I just don't see what's odd or wrong or cool with signing with just my name initial... who cares about my name,anyway?

m.