> Ive played with many ecommerce packages (OSC, intershop, home-grown
> stuff in Perl, PHP and ASP). Recently built a site using Mambo (err...
> that should be called Joomla now ;-) and a plugin callead mambo-phpshop.
> The plugin has a complete backend already built so you just customize a
> few pages...
>
> Interchange sounds more like a framework that needs more work to build a
> complete store, right?

I think you've hit upon the point that really makes Interchange cool.
It is a great framework, but there are a few "demo" stores built on
top of it that can be customized into your store in no time:

http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo1
http://demo.icdevgroup.org/i/demo2

I prefer to go the route of only using the basic framework and then
creating my own stuff on top of that.  Interchange is awesome either
way, and you could easily set up your store on top of a demo store,
and then customize it more and more as time goes on.

- Grant