I used bash but don't know that there's a problem with bash.
I burnt the whole system to the ground and still have the verified and
validated stage3 file available on my system.
Once stage3 is installed was the tee utility included on stage3?  If so I
can capture what's going on.  When I ran emerge-webrsync again I was told
bzip2 couldn't be found  so if that was installed by stage3 there may be
other problems.
I'm going with efi since that's the computer default and openrc since
that's gentoo's original default in my choices for the system.  On the
profile I'm going for the default 1 which is I think a command line
interface since that's where I live most of the time.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.