2005/11/8, Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Yes, all of those things are possible.
>
> Oh.... you want the long answer? see below:

Sure I want it :o)

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:31:48 +0100
> Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
>

> > organizing it in folders (currently done with camera
> > software), batch renaming them using EXIF information included in
> > photos, editing EXIF information (currently done with Exifer:
> > http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/. Unfortunately this is "cardware"
> > closed source only for Windows)
>
> There are many good photo databases that do this kind of thing. digikam,
> kimdaba

It seems that digikam has only an Exif viewer, not editor, and I
haven't been able to find any reference to batch renaming based on
Exif information. Regarding KimDaBa, it also seems to read Exif, but
it doesn't let you edit it.

> > 4. VCD / SVCD / DVD authoring. If possible I'd like to have a GUI for
> > doing this, kind of Ulead DVD Workshop, this is, you can add video
> > files, create menus in a graphical editor, export and burn a project
> > in different formats (VCD/SVCD/DVD), include the source folder with
> > the original images in the resulting CD/DVD...
>
> dvdstyler is a good gui front end for this.

This is only for DVDs, isn't it? Anyone for VCD / SVCD?

Best regards
Jose